Weigh In Wednesday 1.24.18
This week brings us a fun(ko) collection of the further adventures of Cliff Secord, while over at another publisher Cliff’s best girl Bettie heats up the Cold War, a comic book adaptation of a non-comic book story by comic book legend Neil Gaiman about the humdrum – especially these days – subject of the end of the world, Superman and Booster facing the wrath of the Son of Zod, Wonder Woman facing the wrath of the Silver Swan, Batman: Beyond facing the wrath of Stalker, most likely some wrath-facing for Etrigan and company, too, and finally, those kooky young Sex Criminals face the wrath of having broken up six months ago.
And now it’s time for you to face the wrath of the Weigh In, and cast your vote by 12 AM on 1/28/18.
Then come back and face the wrath of whatever book wins on
Which comic should be featured in this Spotlight Sunday?
- ONLY THE END OF THE WORLD AGAIN (DARK HORSE) (HC) - An adaptation of a Neil Gaiman story by P. Craig Russell, Troy Nixey, and Matthew Hollingworth. (44%, 4 Votes)
- THE BEST OF ROCKETEER ADVENTURES: FUNKO EDITION (IDW) - Some of the finest creators in comics came together to pay tribute to Dave Stevens’ iconic pulp-inspired hero, and the results were amazing. (22%, 2 Votes)
- WONDER WOMAN #39 (DC) - While Wonder Woman reckons with the savage descent of the young woman she put her faith in, her brother Jason is left wondering if Wonder Woman will always be there for him. (11%, 1 Votes)
- ACTION COMICS #996 (DC) - Superman and Booster Gold are out of time, and they’ve found themselves marooned on a strange planet sometime in the future. (11%, 1 Votes)
- SEX CRIMINALS #21 (IMAGE) - Up is down and black is white and the sex isn't happening—neither is the crime. WHAT IS THIS BOOK EVEN? (11%, 1 Votes)
- THE DEMON: HELL IS EARTH #3 (DC) - After the horrific acts of last issue, the highly unstable team of Etrigan, Jason Blood and Xanadu must face a new threat. (0%, 0 Votes)
- BATMAN BEYOND #16 (DC) - “The Long Payback” part three! Stalker has arrived in Neo-Gotham with one mission: bring down Batman! (0%, 0 Votes)
- BETTIE PAGE #7 (DYNAMITE) - Bettie's trip to the Cannes Film Festival turns the Cold War hot...as the KGB tries to put the "red" in "red carpet." (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 9
TPB = Trade Paperback, a volume containing a longer original story, or collecting multiple issues of a regular comic.
HC = Hardcover, a volume containing a longer original story, or collecting multiple issues of a regular comic.
The featured image showcases what I feel is the best cover of the bunch, and is not intended to sway your vote.
Once again, it was a toss-up this week – I decided to go with the one I did because it was more fun – so here’s the alternate choice:
One person, one vote. If you vote more than once, all of your votes for that Weigh In will be discarded.
Special thanks go out to Comic Logic Books & Artwork, my Local Comic Shop. Remember to support your LCS (find one here, if you don’t already have one). And support OpenDoor Comics on Patreon!
2 thoughts on “Weigh In Wednesday 1.24.18”
Anything by Neil Gaiman automatically gets my vote.
I Wrathfully must choose the Gaiman, after all they are my favorite Crocodilia.