Weigh In Wednesday 12.6.17
DC heroes bring a holiday message of hope…that this special will be better than the one for Halloween, at least the people of Apokolips don’t have to even consider voting for Roy Moore, Boston Brand is still dead and Neal Adams is still…well, Neal Adams, Sonja’s quest comes to an end, good love remains unsafe, Barbarella (psychadela) proves an unlikely source for my long-needed comic written by Mike Carey fix, and a black and white collection of stories by Steve Niles provides a monstrous showcase for the work of the late, great Bernie Wrightson.
Sure, it’s not like you’re determining who will sit on the throne of Apokolips or anything, but voting for what I should write about in the next Spotlight Sunday is simple enough, with no Boom Tube required. Cast your vote by 12 AM Eastern on December 10th.
Which comic should be featured in this Spotlight Sunday?
- DEADMAN #2 (DC) - Now, any lingering doubt that Deadman was deliberately murdered in cold blood, and not as a test for the Hook to join the League of Assassins, is put to rest once and for all! (30%, 3 Votes)
- SUPERMAN #36 (DC) - “Imperius Lex” finale! Votes begin to be cast in Kryptonian blood as Apokolips’ hordes of hellish residents choose a new leader to occupy Darkseid’s throne. (20%, 2 Votes)
- BARBARELLA #1 (DYNAMITE) - Earth's star-crossed daughter is back! (20%, 2 Votes)
- THE MONSTROUS COLLECTION (IDW) (TPB) - One modern horror mainstay combines with one legendary master in this showcase of Bernie Wrightson’sbeautiful black and white art. (20%, 2 Votes)
- DC UNIVERSE HOLIDAY SPECIAL 2017 #1 (DC) - Join Superman, Wonder Woman and the Flash as they deliver powerful messages of hope like only The Worlds Greatest Super-Heroes can! (10%, 1 Votes)
- VIOLENT LOVE #10 (IMAGE) - CHAPTER 10: “MY SUNDOWN” (0%, 0 Votes)
- RED SONJA #11 (DYNAMITE) - Their search comes to an end as Sonja, Holly and Spike discover the mysterious Hyborian expert Professor Wallace in the most unexpected of all places. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 10
TPB = Trade Paperback, a volume containing a longer original story, or collecting multiple issues of a regular comic.
HC = Hardcover, a volume containing a longer original story, or collecting multiple issues of a regular comic.